David Davenport’s oven frittata is a quick, easy, and yummy! Keep an eye out for his next recipe—Backyard Picnic Potato Salad.
Bloomington Cooking School
A ten-inch, oven-proof, nonstick frying pan
10 ounces of frozen vegetables
1 cup onion, chopped
2 cups grated cheese of choice
2 cups whipping cream
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon Colman’s dry mustard
1) Preheat oven to 350ºF (if using a convection oven, preheat to 325ºF). Spray pan with cooking spray.
2) Place drained vegetables in pan evenly. Cover with onion. Then cover with cheese.
3) In a small bowl, whisk a little of the cream with the mustard.
4) Break eggs into a pitcher (or a bowl that can be poured easily), add mustard mixture, and whisk thoroughly.
5) Mix in the rest of the cream, salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Then pour mixture over the vegetables.
6) Bake for 25 minutes. Test with a knife. If the knife does not come out clean, continue to bake for another 3 to 4 minutes.
7) Set the pan on the counter for a few minutes to let the frittata settle. Then place a plate over the pan. With one hand on the plate and one hand on the bottom of the pan (don’t forget an oven mitt!), flip so that the frittata sits on the plate.
8) Serve warm.