For those of you interested in making your own hummus, Chef David Davenport has provided this recipe. It’s surprisingly simple! Use the hummus plain as dip or try making these wraps that are as portable as they are quick to make!
Chef David Davenport
Bloomington Cooking School
2 cans (15.5 oz) water-packed chickpeas
1 cup high-quality tahini
4 garlic cloves
1/2 medium onion, chopped
1/2 cup lemon juice
Cumin, to taste
Olive oil, to taste
Salt and papper, to taste
- In bowl, mix together thoroughly the first five ingredients.
- Spoon mixture into a food processor and turn on high.
- Allow machine to smooth out, then slowly add olive oil to desired consistency.
- Taste for salt, pepper, and cumin, allowing the machine mix them in.
(Amounts of ingredients depend on the number of wraps and preferences.)
Sliced green olives
- Once hummus is prepared, lay out tortillas.
- For each tortilla, place approximately 1/2 cup of hummus in the center.
- Add diced tomatoes, olives, and lettuce on top of the hummus.
- Fold and roll the tortilla into a wrap.
- Use foil to wrap the whole thing and hold its shape.