Gluten-Free Chicken Cutlets
David Davenport, Ph.D.
Bloomington Cooking School
Boneless skinless chicken thighs
1 cup almond flour
1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
1 cup gluten-free plain bread crumbs
Betty Crocker gluten-free flour blend
Canned coconut milk
NOTE: It is gluten that makes the mess in your frying oil
1. Unfold thighs—as arranged by the butcher—and flatten into uniform thickness.
2. Prepare three bowls:
1st bowl: Flour, salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste
2nd bowl: Coconut milk, thoroughly whisked
3rd bowl: Almond flour, coconut, and bread crumbs
3. Set a cookie rack over a jelly roll pan
4. Dredge the chicken in bowl 1, then bowl 2, then bowl 3, and set each piece on the rack
5. Heat oil while the chicken rests
6. Quickly but carefully set each piece of chicken in the hot oil
7. Fry each side to a uniform brown; just beyond golden.