Yoga for Wellbeing is a therapeutic yoga class designed to address the specific needs and requirements of individuals with cancer or currently in remission. Class size is restricted in order to ensure that proper attention and supervision are given to each attendee, and exercises and postures are adapted as necessary. Ability, energy level, and knowledge of yoga will vary…. We ask that attendees come to class with a sense of humor and respect for others.
Yoga therapy classes include:
• Modified Hatha Yoga poses (asana)
• Gentle stretches, hip and spine mobilization, restorative techniques
• Learning to recognize forms of stress and tension in the body
• Focus on confidence and body-awareness
• Using the breath properly to decrease fatigue, chronic pain, anxiety
Classes are offered in Bloomington, Indiana at the Tibetan Cultural Center in a facility appropriate for those with restricted mobility: Handicap accessible parking, no stairs, non-slip floors, and wheelchair accessible bathrooms. The instructor is a yoga therapist specializing in yoga therapy for disability, rehabilitation and neurological conditions.
• Tuesdays at 10:30 am |$15 per class
• Please call 812-331-7423 for information and to register
Cost: $15 per class
For more information contact:
For More Information Contact EquiLibrium Thai Massage & Yoga Therapy