Our second recipe in March is also focused on the potato. Check back Friday April 6th for a recipe centered around eggs!
Sweet Potato Latkes
Bloomington Cooking School
3 pounds sweet potatoes (or white potatoes), peeled and grated
1 medium onion, finely chopped
3 eggs, beaten thoroughly
heavy whipping cream
2 tablespoons dried parsley
1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
canola oil, or vegetable oil
1. Mix onion, dried parsley, and garlic powder into the grated potatoes.
2. Dust the potato mixture with flour.
3. Add beaten eggs and enough cream to bring everything together.
4. Mix thoroughly.
5. Heat 1/2 inch hot oil in frying pan.
6. Scoop mixture with a serving spoon and place in frying pan. Flatten slightly.
7. Fry to desired brownness. Turn once to brown other side (like a pancake).
8. Let cool for a few minutes, add sour cream if desired.