We are switching it up this month and are centering our recipes on fish. Check back on Friday September 21 for Jan Bulla-Baker’s Fish Chowder!
Bloomington Cooking School
1 pound white fish, tilapia works well
1 cup panko bread crumbs
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1) Mix salt, pepper, garlic powder into the flour.
2) Whip eggs thoroughly until completely broken up.
3) Dip wet fish into flour mixture, then into the egg. Finally, coat with the panko crumbs. It is easiest to put the ingredients in dipping order.
4) Place on baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
5) Bake in a 375 degree oven until a paring knife point easily enters the fish. Timing is relative to thickeness of fish.