Chef Daniel Orr
4 egg yolks
1/2 c sugar
1 T grated lemon zest
3/4 tsp Kitchen d’Orr Sweet Season Spice Blend (see below) or nutmeg and cinnamon mixture
1 1/2 c heavy cream, whipped
4 egg whites, whipped
3 ounces bourbon
1 c milk or half and half
nutmeg, to taste
1) Combine egg yolks, sugar, and lemon zest. Beat for a minute or so.
2) With a handheld spatula, fold in Sweet Season Spice Blend, whipped heavy cream, and whipped egg whites.
3) Finish by stirring in bourbon and milk.
4) Garnish with a sprinkle of nutmeg.
Kitchen d’Orr Sweet Season Spice Blend
Also available at FARMbloomington.
1 tsp ginger powder
1 stick cinnamon (1/2 inch wide)
1/2 tsp annatto seeds
1/2 tsp pomegranate powder
2 tsp fennel seeds
2 tsp coriander seeds
2 pieces star anise
2 pieces cloves
1 piece mace
1/4 tsp freshly ground nutmeg
2 bay leaves
1) Grind all ingredients until fine in a spice blender.
2) Store in an airtight container in a cool, dark place.