Roasted Pumpkin with Cumin, Cardamom, and Citrus
Chef Daniel Orr
2 pounds fresh (whole) pumpkin
2 T olive oil
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1 tsp cumin seeds
1/2 tsp ground cardamom
2 T honey
Juice and zest of 1 lemon
1/2 c Italian parsley, chopped
1) Pre-heat oven to 400°F.
2) Quarter and seed pumpkin. (If you wish, save seeds and roast as a snack or to grow next season.)
3) Cut pumpkin into chunky 2 inch cubes.
4) Place pumpkin into a large bowl. Add the olive oil, salt, pepper, cumin, cardamom, and honey.
5) Pour onto a roasting pan. Bake in the oven for about 30-45 minutes or until the pumpkin is soft and tinged brown at the edges.
6) Squeeze over the lemon and toss with the fresh zest and parsley.
7) Serve immediately.