A few weeks ago, Jan Bulla-Baker shared her refreshing Cold Strawberry Soup. This week, David Davenport’s chicken salad recipe brings a little kick to your lunch.
Curried Chicken Salad
Bloomington Cooking School
1 whole roasted chicken (if you wish to poach the chicken, see instructions below)
4-5 celery stalks
1 cup pecans, chopped
1 medium onion, diced
Parsley, chopped, to taste
Salt and pepper, to taste
Madras curry powder, to taste
1-2 cups mayonnaise
1-2 teaspoons powdered mustard
1) Mix celery, pecans, onion, and parsley in a large bowl.
2) Dice cooked chicken and add to the mixture. Use both dark and white meat.
3) In a separate small bowl, mix mayonnaise and mustard. Mix in salt, pepper, and curry powder.
4) Mix thoroughly.
1 whole chicken
Water or chicken broth
1 medium onion, chopped
1) Place whole chicken in a pot large enough to fully submerge the chicken.
2) Cover chicken with water or broth. Add onion.
3) Cook over medium heat until the broth begins to simmer. Turn down heat, but maintain a simmer.
4) After about 15 minutes, turn over the chicken and continue to cook until the internal meat temperature registers 170ºF.