If you’ve had fried green tomato BLTs only in a restaurant, you may want to try David Davenport’s Fried Green Tomato recipe. They’re easy and yummy to make, and you may just want to eat them on their own!
Fried Green Tomatoes
Bloomington Cooking School
1/3 cup cream
2 large green tomatoes, sliced
2-3 cups flour
Garlic powder, to taste
Salt, to taste
Pepper, to taste
1) Whip together eggs and cream.
2) Mix flour, garlic, salt, and pepper in a separate bowl.
3) Heat 1/2-inch-deep oil in a large frying pan.
4) Dip slices of tomato in the flour mixture, then in the egg mixture, then back in the flour mixture, and place in the hot oil.
5) Fry until golden brown on one side. Flip and continue frying until a fork easily enters the thickest part of the tomato. Make sure to test each slice, as they will not all cook in the same amount of time.
6) Drain on a paper towel, then serve warm.