Here is a yummy, easy, and vegan way to dress up bell peppers! Check back in two weeks for David Davenport’s Twice Baked Potato recipe.
Vegan Stuffed Peppers
Bloomington Cooking School
2 cups brown rice, cooked
1 medium onion, finely chopped
6 large bell peppers
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 cup sliced almonds
1/4 cup mint, finely chopped
1/4 cup parsley, finely chopped
Salt and pepper, to taste
3 ounces tomato paste
1 1/2 ounces currants, refreshed in warm water
3 tablespoons olive oil
1) Find the stable side of each pepper. With the pepper lying upon that side, cut a window into the pepper and remove the insides.
2) Grease a pan with cooking spray. Place peppers on pan and blanch for 7 minutes at 375ºF.
3) Heat olive oil in a non-stick frying pan. Add onions. Stir for 4 minutes.
4) Add cooked rice, garlic powder, and tomato paste. Stir.
5) Add almonds, mint, parsley, salt, and pepper. Stir.
6) Mix in the drained currants.
7) Spoon mixture into the peppers. Bake for 20 minutes at 375ºF.