Sunday Morning with Mellencamp

BY MIKE LEONARD

With the premiere tour looming for Ghost Brothers of Darkland County, his theatrical collaboration with Stephen King and T Bone Burnett, the Rock and Roll Hall of Famer sat down at his lakeside home with Bloom‘s Mike Leonard to talk about his life-changing experience.

Read the entire story here.

Read Mike Leonard’s review on Ghost Brothers of Darkland County here.

Videos

Comments

1. bridgette langelier says:

SURE HOPE YOU ARE BRINGING THIS TO CANADA …..EDMONTON ALBERTA ….. AND I WILL BE THERE !!!!!!
    JOHN , YOU AND YOUR MUSIC AND YOUR HONESTY HAVE BEEN A CONSTANT INFLUENCE IN MY LIFE FOR AS LONG AS I CAN REMEMBER !!! YOU ARE ONE OF THE FEW I CONSIDER TO BE INSPIRATIONAL , HONEST AND WILL ALWAYS HAVE MY RESPECT ! I HAVE HAD THE HONOR AND BLESSING TO SEE YOU LIVE 4 TIMES THIS FAR IN THE LAST 3 / 4 DECADES !! FEEL TRULY GRATEFUL AND BLESSED FOR THAT !!!! I SURE WOULD LOVE TO SEE YOU AGAIN !!!! COME TO EDMONTON AND MAKE MY DAY !!!!!!! PLEASE !!!!!!

2. jackie sanders says:

Omg I cant wait to see this ! Well done and them girls singing are sweet ! Beautifull ( voices ) ♥♥♥♥♥

3. MARCIA SMITH says:

I am going to Clowes Hall to see this on 10/18. Can’t wait. I grew up in Seymour, Indiana and knew you when I was about 12 years old. My name was Marcia Purkey then and you were friends with my brother Jimmy who
    was killed on a motorcycle when he was 15. Many years have passed. I am 60 now.

I was so excited to hear of your collaboration with Stephen King. I know that my husband and I will really
    enjoy the show. You are so creative and I can’t imagine what you have done with the brilliance of Stephen King
    added to the mix. Best wishes to you and yours….

4. Jo Brown Smith says:

John, it’s great to see this new collaboration. Best to you!

5. Pete Cepelak says:

Drove from Canada to see opening night in Bloomington, Indiana. What a great show and Mellencamp’s
    band did a great job with the music. Way to go boys. JoneGee you rock.

6. Zhonda says:

Just saw this in Indianapolis. I cannot describe in words how great it was. The music, the story, the talent on the stage came together as an experience that I will never forget. I have always been a fan of John Mellencamp’s music and Stephen King’s novels, but who isn’t? If anyone out there is trying to decide…..go. You will be amazed.