Are you looking for a new stuffing recipe for Thanksgiving dinner? David Davenport’s dressing recipe may be just what you are looking for.
Celery, Sage, and Parsley Dressing
Bloomington Cooking School
1 loaf “very good” bread
2 sticks salted butter
1 1/2 cup celery, or to taste, finely diced
1 1/2 cup onion, or to taste, finely diced
1/2 cup parsley, or to taste, finely chopped
1 tablespoon dry ground sage, or to taste
1) On the evening before baking, spread the bread slices on a tray to dry overnight. The next day, break up the bread into small pieces.
2) Melt butter in a skillet.
3) Simmer celery, onion, parsley, and sage until the onion has softened.
4) Pour skillet contents over bread pieces in a bowl. Mix thoroughly.
5) Whisk eggs. Then whisk 1 cup of broth into the eggs. Then combine the egg and bread mixtures.
6) Add broth until you have a very workable medium. Spoon the mixture into a greased casserole dish and spread evenly.
7) Bake at 375ºF for about 30 minutes or until firm and lightly browned.