Thanksgiving is coming up, and what’s more classic than a pumpkin pie? David Davenport’s pie will have you begging for an extra slice.
Bloomington Cooking School
1 unbaked 9-inch pie crust
1 15-ounce can pumpkin
1 cup heavy cream
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
Pinch of cloves
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon salt
Bake the day before you plan to serve.
1) Preheat oven to 375ºF with the rack in the center of the oven.
2) Place the crust in a pie tin (if it didn’t come in one) and place the tin on a cookie sheet to prevent spills.
3) Whisk pumpkin, cream, eggs, and brown sugar together.
4) Mix the spices and salt. Then whisk the mixture into the batter.
5) Pour batter into the pie crust and dust the top of the batter with cinnamon.
6) Bake for 30-40 minutes, rotating the pie 180º at 20 minutes.
7) Start checking the pie at 30 minutes by inserting a knife into the middle of the pie. When it is finished, the knife will come out clean.
8) Let the pie cool and place in the refrigerator overnight.