We are headed into the lazy days of summer! Are you looking for a cool treat? Chef David Davenport’s Three Milk Cake is easy and will be sure to cool you off in the hot days ahead.
Three Milk Cake
Bloomington Cooking School
Day before serving:
1 box Duncan Hines Classic White Cake Mix
4 large egg whites
1 cup water
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 cups sweet and condensed milk
1/2 cup whipping cream
1/2 cup whole milk
4 tablespoons rum
1) Mix cake mix, egg whites, water, and vegetable oil.
2) Pour batter into a 9-inch-by-13-inch pan and bake for 23-28 minutes at 350ºF.
3) While the cake is baking, whisk together the sweet and condensed milk, whipping cream, whole milk, and rum.
4) As soon as the cake is out of the oven, poke holes into the top with a chopstick (or something similar).
5) Slowly pour the milk mixture all over the cake, allowing it to seep into the holes.
6) Cover and refrigerate over night.
Day of serving:
2 cups whipping cream
3/4 cup powdered sugar
Rum, to taste
1) Whip the ingredients to medium stiffness.
2) Ice the cake with the mixture. Serve.