Are you looking for something sweet? This pineapple upside down cake will have you coming back for more!
Pineapple Upside Down Cake
Bloomington Cooking School
1 box Duncan Hines Pineapple Supreme cake mix
1 box instant vanilla pudding (3.4 ounces)
1 stick salted butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 20-ounce can of pineapple slices
1 small jar of green maraschino cherries
4 large eggs
1 cup water
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 12-inch ovenproof, nonstick skillet
1) Thoroughly combine eggs, oil, and water and set aside.
2) Melt butter in skillet. Stir in brown sugar. Set aside until cool.
3) Drain the pineapple. Decorate the bottom of the skillet (over the caramelized brown sugar) with the slices and garnish with cherries.
4) Combine the pudding mix and the cake mix in a bowl using an electric mixer.
5) With the mixer on low, add the egg mixture. Make sure everything is combined and mix on medium for two minutes.
6) Carefully pour the batter over the pineapple and cherries, then bake in the oven at 350ºF for one hour. Check with a toothpick to make sure it has fully cooked.
7) Once removed from the oven, immediately invert the cake onto a serving dish. Allow the cake to cool before serving.