Enjoy this delicious and quick recipe by Chef David Davenport! It’s great for get-togethers or for lunch on the go!
Quinoa Salad with Lime Dressing
Chef David Davenport
Bloomington Cooking School
Lime Dressing for Salad
1/3 cup olive oil
1/2 tbs fresh lime juice
½ tsp coriander
½ tsp cumin
½ tsp dry mustard
¼ tsp good paprika
¼ tsp garlic powder
Salt, to taste
Pepper, to taste
Honey, to taste
- Place all of the above ingredients into a pitcher (or blender).
- Thoroughly whip together using a hand mixer.
- Taste for salt, pepper, and honey and adjust.
(Note: You can make the dressing ahead of time, but do not make it more than one day before the salad)
Five servings of the lime dressing
4 cups raw quinoa
2 bunches green onions
1 large red bell pepper
1 bunch Italian parsley
1 cup pecans
10 oz. grape tomatoes
- Cook the quinoa to package directions (without
flavoring) and leave to cool.
- Chop the green onion, bell pepper,
parsley, pecans, and tomatoes.
- Mix all of ingredients together in large bowl,
pouring the lime dressing on top.
(Note: Best served the same day)