Just in time for the return of football season, here is a foolproof hot-wings recipe to feed hungry fans.
Wings at Home
David Davenport, Ph.D.
Bloomington Cooking School
15 wings, or more as desired
24-oz. bottle Frank’s RedHot sauce
3 sticks salted butter
- Place baking or parchment paper in the bottom of a baking pan.
- Coat pan with cooking spray.
- Arrange wings on the sheet and again coat with cooking spray.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until golden in color.
- On the stove, heat the hot sauce and butter in a large pot until thoroughly combined.
- Remove sauce mixture from heat and add cooked wings to soak.
- After 3–6 minutes, remove the wings from the hot sauce.
- If desired, brush with any additional sauces, such as BBQ, before serving.
Notes from Chef Davenport:
If you do not toss the sauce, you can make several more batches of wings.
The best wings available are in the frozen-foods section of the grocery store.