On Labor Day Saturday, September 3, the first Quarry Festival of Books took place in Dunn Meadow. Just two blocks from the Fourth Street Festival and the Bloomington Garlic Fest & Community Art Fair, the Quarry Festival of Books was teeming with popular Indiana and IU Press authors. Lee Hamilton, James Alexander Thom, Malcolm “Mac” Fleming, Scott Russell Sanders, Rachel Berenson Perry, and Steven Higgs were among the authors who attended, mingled with readers, answered questions, and signed books. The Quarry Festival of Books was sponsored by IU Press, Bloom Magazine, and WFIU.
- Debra Morrow Named 2019 Ivy Tech Distinguished Alumni February 26, 2020
- A Wellness Coach Who Knows About Trauma February 25, 2020
- Servers and Bartenders Perform At Cardinal Spirits’ Tipple and Tune February 24, 2020
- Civic Champs Helps Nonprofits Keep Track of Volunteer Hours February 23, 2020
- Fat Dan’s: A Chicago-Style Deli Not for Dainty Eaters February 22, 2020
- SCCAP: A Local Agency Helping Families Become Independent February 21, 2020