On Labor Day Saturday, September 3, the first Quarry Festival of Books took place in Dunn Meadow. Just two blocks from the Fourth Street Festival and the Bloomington Garlic Fest & Community Art Fair, the Quarry Festival of Books was teeming with popular Indiana and IU Press authors. Lee Hamilton, James Alexander Thom, Malcolm “Mac” Fleming, Scott Russell Sanders, Rachel Berenson Perry, and Steven Higgs were among the authors who attended, mingled with readers, answered questions, and signed books. The Quarry Festival of Books was sponsored by IU Press, Bloom Magazine, and WFIU.
- Finalists Announced for Monroe County’s 2021 Lilly Endowment Community Scholarships October 21, 2020
- Bloom’s Website Drew More Than 24,000 Unique Visitors in August October 20, 2020
- VOTE—What’s At Stake: Trust in Government October 20, 2020
- Bloomington Businesses Close During Pandemic October 20, 2020
- VOTE—What’s At Stake: Race Relations October 19, 2020
- VOTE—What’s At Stake: Women’s Rights October 18, 2020