On Labor Day Saturday, September 3, the first Quarry Festival of Books took place in Dunn Meadow. Just two blocks from the Fourth Street Festival and the Bloomington Garlic Fest & Community Art Fair, the Quarry Festival of Books was teeming with popular Indiana and IU Press authors. Lee Hamilton, James Alexander Thom, Malcolm “Mac” Fleming, Scott Russell Sanders, Rachel Berenson Perry, and Steven Higgs were among the authors who attended, mingled with readers, answered questions, and signed books. The Quarry Festival of Books was sponsored by IU Press, Bloom Magazine, and WFIU.
- EPA Removes Three Bloomington Sites from Superfund List September 19, 2021
- Walk to End Alzheimer’s Raises More Than $100,000 to Fight Alzheimer’s Disease September 18, 2021
- Bloomington Health Foundation Announces New President and CEO September 17, 2021
- Centerstone Offers No-Cost Virtual Support Group for Pregnant People September 16, 2021
- Famous Architect’s Mid-Century Modern, Glass-Walled Building to Adorn IU Campus September 15, 2021
- Viridian Moon: B-Town’s New Art Gallery September 14, 2021