On Labor Day Saturday, September 3, the first Quarry Festival of Books took place in Dunn Meadow. Just two blocks from the Fourth Street Festival and the Bloomington Garlic Fest & Community Art Fair, the Quarry Festival of Books was teeming with popular Indiana and IU Press authors. Lee Hamilton, James Alexander Thom, Malcolm “Mac” Fleming, Scott Russell Sanders, Rachel Berenson Perry, and Steven Higgs were among the authors who attended, mingled with readers, answered questions, and signed books. The Quarry Festival of Books was sponsored by IU Press, Bloom Magazine, and WFIU.
- The Great Bloomington Cicada Beauty Contest June 16, 2021
- Bloom Magazine Awarded 12 State Journalism Awards June 15, 2021
- An Astounding Adaptation June 15, 2021
- UPDATE (June 14): New and Closing Businesses in Bloomington June 14, 2021
- Coming in 2022: Tandem Community Birth Center and Postpartum House June 14, 2021
- A Beauty Well-Preserved on 1st Street June 13, 2021