On March 17, five days after the NCAA canceled its Division I basketball tournaments in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, Indiana University announced that Scott Dolson, deputy athletic director, would succeed Fred Glass as the university’s director of intercollegiate athletics on July 1.Read More
Search Results for: peter dorfman
Aug 29, 2020 | Features
Nicole Johnson has seen the coronavirus pandemic from the perspective of residents in subsidized housing. She lives in Crestmont, a mixed-generation, densely populated, low-income area of Bloomington’s West Side. “I come from a background where I’ve used social services,” she says. “Why wouldn’t I want to give back?”Read More
Aug 19, 2020 | Features
COVID-19 is frightening enough for people with prominence and a voice in the community. For marginalized people—the unemployed, minorities, and the poor—it can be terrifying. With a new organization called Monroe County Mutual Aid, their voices can now be heard.Read More
Jun 3, 2020 | Business & Finance
To use a juggling metaphor, David Howard is a guy who keeps a lot of plates spinning.
His latest project is Alley Works, a new apartment building with a restaurant complex at the former Yellow Cab site on 6th Street, west of the downtown Square.
- Joani Stalcup: Monroe County Coroner December 3, 2021
- A Conversation With Dr. Pamela Whitten: Getting to Know IU’s 19th President November 30, 2021
- Bloomington’s Latino Community: Proud, Compassionate, Hard-Working November 30, 2021
- Editor’s Message: The Hubris of Aaron Rodgers November 30, 2021
- Greater Bloomington Chamber of Commerce Offers 2021 Holiday Gift Guide November 29, 2021
- City Signs Letter of Intent for Citywide High-Speed Fiber Network November 28, 2021