Have you ever considered cooking a cauliflower whole? David Davenport’s cauliflower recipe will bring a new look to your table spread.
Bloomington Cooking School
Cooking pot with lid (large enough to hold a vegetable steamer and whole cauliflower)
Vegetable steamer rack
1 large head of white cauliflower
1 1/2 sticks of butter
1 tablespoon Progresso Italian Style Bread Crumbs
1) Trim remaining stem and leaves from the bottom of the cauliflower.
2) Put one inch of water into the pot and add the steamer rack.
3) Set cauliflower, base down, in steamer and cover. Set stove to high and bring to a boil. Turn down to medium heat. Let steam for about 15 minutes.
4) Meanwhile, melt butter in a small saucepan. Add bread crumbs and cook until the crumbs are slightly browned.
5) Check the cauliflower by sticking a knife into the center of it. Check it every few minutes until the cauliflower has softened all the way through.
6) Using large forks, carefully lift the cauliflower from the pot and place, base down, on a plate. Cover the cauliflower with the bread crumb mixture.
7) Serve while hot, cutting the cauliflower into wedges (like pieces of cake).