On October 9 and 10, 2021, the Bloomington Chamber Singers will perform Considering Matthew Shepard, Craig Hella Johnson´s powerful reflection on the events surrounding the 1998 beating and death of Matthew Shepard, a gay college student in Wyoming. This “fusion oratorio” speaks with a fresh and bold voice, incorporating a variety of musical styles seamlessly woven into a unified whole. Gerald Sousa conducts the Bloomington Chamber Singers and soloists in this long-awaited multimedia production.
Amid deep divisions in our country and a fear of “otherness,” Considering Matthew Shepard helps listeners and musicians alike reflect on the proliferation of violence but also the healing power of acceptance, justice, and love. Listeners of diverse backgrounds, faiths, and musical tastes describe this work as “brilliant,” “powerful,” “innovative,” “dazzling,” and “gripping.”
● Location: Buskirk-Chumley Theater (114 E Kirkwood Ave, Bloomington, IN)
● Saturday, October 9, 2021 at 7:30 pm and Sunday, October 10, 2021 at 3:00 pm
● Tickets available at the BCT Box Office or online at https://bctboxoffice.org/event/considering-matthew-shepard/
● $25 general admission, $20 students with ID, and $200 for groups of 10
● More information: www.chambersingers.info
● The Buskirk-Chumley Theater will require proof of COVID-19 vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test to attend events at the theater, effective September 13, 2021. https://buskirkchumley.org/coronavirus/. By order of the Monroe County Health Department, facemasks are required indoors, regardless of vaccination status.
Claire Tafoya at [email protected]
Cost: ● $25 general admission, $20 students with ID, and $200 for groups of 10
For more information contact: